Don’t waste money on Chinese when you can make your own Broccoli and Beef in your slow cooker at home!
Chinese food is a favorite in our family! We often go out after graduations, for family get-togethers, and just to spend time together without having to cook. We love to eat out, but sometimes you just want to cook some of your takeout favorites at home. We have a recipe that’s better than takeout Broccoli and Beef!
IF YOU WANT ANOTHER AWESOME CROCKPOT RECIPE, CHECK OUT MY CROCKPOT BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE!
The best part about this recipe? It’s all cooked in the crock-pot. It’s very low-maintenance, has very little prep, and will melt in your mouth. Why is it better than takeout broccoli and beef?
- It ends up being about half the price of the cheapest chinese place around.
- You can eat it in your sweat pants…or no pants.
- It’s for sure beef, and not some *other* meat.
- It doesn’t come in a styrofoam container that will leak all over the seat of your car.
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1½ - 2 lbs thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 large head of broccoli, or two small heads.
- Rice (optional)
- Place your crockpot on high.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and sesame oil and mix to combine.
- Cut the steak into large bite size pieces and toss them in the mixture.
- Allow that mixture to cook on high for 2½ hours.
- Mix the cornstarch and water into a small cup or bowl, until combine, and then add it to the crockpot, and stir.
- Cut your broccoli into bite size pieces (crowns only) and add them to the pot, mixing to cover them in the sauce as well.
- Allow the whole mixture to cook on high for another hour.
- Serve over rice if desired (because rice makes everything better).
Need some more good dinner ideas? Check these out: