When I make this recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Pecans, they disappear SO quickly! My family eats them almost faster than I can make them – and they’re SO easy!!!
These are a great snack for any time of the year. The oven only has to be set at 250, so it’s not too hot for the summer, and the recipe comes together quickly so it’s perfect for the busy holiday season too. When I say this recipe comes together quickly, I mean you can have these in the oven in five minutes. I’m a HUGE fan of foods I can make from scratch that are ready for the oven in five minutes. My Easy Drop Biscuits are the same way and they’re SO good!!
These only have like 6 ingredients besides the pecans too, which is also awesome. It’s always the ingredients I just have on hand too, so I never have to make a separate trip. I started making these because when my seven year-old was a toddler, she had Cinnamon Sugar Pecans for the first time. She was OBSESSED. She wanted them every time we went to the Farmer’s Market, which was once or twice a week, and they were like $6.00 for a tiny bag.
Once I realized how simple these were to make, I felt stupid for having paid so much for them for so long. Don’t get me wrong, pecans can be expensive, but I can make an entire pound of these Cinnamon Sugar Pecans for about $11.
Also DO NOT SKIP the step where you stir them while cooking every fifteen minutes. Otherwise your pecans will stick to the wax paper and it will be a bear to get them off.
Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
- 1 pound of pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 250.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg white, vanilla, and water until it's really frothy.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the pecans to the egg white mixture and mix until all the pecans are coated.
- Add half the sugar mixture to the pecans and stir to coat them.
- Add the rest of the sugar mixture to the pecans and stir to coat completely.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spread the pecans over the wax paper evenly, and try to separate them as much as possible.
- Bake for one hour at 250, stirring every fifteen minutes. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP OR YOUR PECANS WILL STICK TO THE PAPER!!!
- Let the pecans cool for 15 minutes before storing or eating. Store in an air-tight container until ready to eat.