If you want a chicken burger you’re going to love to pieces, you need to make Cowboy Chicken Patties! They’re full of flavor, awesome on the grill, and take just a few minutes to throw together.
Cowboy Chicken Patties
I love chicken burgers. They’re less greasy and fatty than traditional burgers and just put a whole different spin on grilled chicken. These Cowboy Chicken Patties are one of my favorite things to eat. I eat them plain, without a bun, and with some other grilled veggies. My husband eats them on a bun with pickled jalapenos, barbecue sauce and sometimes onion rings. However you choose to eat them, they’re delicious.
Cowboy Chicken Patties combine ground chicken, fresh jalapeno, bacon and cheese to make a simple grilled meal that’s done in just a few minutes. Chicken is pretty cheap to buy ground as well, so this dinner is also affordable. These are done in about ten minutes on the grill and only take about five minutes to make grill-ready.
MAKE THIS A FULL MEAL BY MAKING THESE LOADED BAKED POTATO BACON CUPS AS A SIDE, AND KOOL-AID PIE FOR DESSERT (NO BAKING REQUIRED!)
This is also a great recipe to have on hand for if you ever do a low carb diet. Whenever I’m dieting I like to pull this recipe out because I can eat the same thing as my family without having to change much. I use a pound of ground chicken to make four good size patties for the grill. I put them on wax or parchment paper while they await the grill to make it easier to get them off the pan. These make great leftovers too.
You can always make these in advance. They store in the fridge for about a week, or you can store them in the freezer for about 6 months. They’e great to pull out and just throw on the grill. I use leftover bacon to make these so I don’t have to fry up bacon. Alternatively you could also use real bacon bits as well.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ½ cup finely shredded cheese
- ½ cup cooked bacon, in small crumbles (about 5-6 pieces of bacon)
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, egg, bacon, cheese, and diced jalapenos.
- Use your hands to mix the mixture until they're blended evenly and the egg is worked through all the ingredients.
- Make four even patties and place them on a wax paper lined baking sheet until the grill is ready.
- Heat your grill to medium/high heat (about 450 degrees) and cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side, or until they're cooked thoroughly.
- Serve by themselves, or on a bun with all the fixins.