If you want an easy dinner recipe, and I really mean EASY, then you need to make these melt-in-your-mouth Crockpot Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches! They’re so good!
See the pickles on that sandwich? Those or my favorite pickles ever, and I made them MYSELF! Seriously, the flavor is perfect. They’re so easy! You too can make these easy beginner refrigerator pickles!
I really like my dinners to be simple. I still want them to taste like I slaved over the stove cooking for hours, but I want them realistically to take me like thirty minutes tops. These Crockpot Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches came out SO good, I just had to share the recipe with you guys!
There’s not much to the prep or recipe, because like I said earlier, this is a really simple recipe. If you want a really good barbecue sauce to put in this recipe, you should make my Daddy’s Barbecue Sauce.
- 4 chicken breast, frozen
- 16 oz bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1 yellow onion
- Pickles (optional)
- Sandwich Buns
- Set your crockpot on high.
- Plop your four frozen chicken breast into the bottom of the crockpot. If you're using thawed chicken, cut the cooktime in half.
- Dump the bottle (or two cups of homemade) of barbecue sauce on top of the chicken breast.
- Let them cook on high for four hours.
- After four hours, coarsely slice your onion up and sprinkle them on top of the chicken.
- Return the lid to your crockpot and turn it down to low.
- Let it cook on low for thirty minutes.
- After thirty minutes, use a fork, or metal tongs, and shred the chicken and onions. Mix the sauce, chicken, and onions together well.
- Serve immediately on large sandwich buns, and top with pickles if desired.
Need a couple more easy dinner ideas? Check out this Better Than Takeout Broccoli & Beef recipe for the crockpot! Or you can stick to sandwiches and make this super simple three-ingredient Sloppy Joe recipe!