WANT SOME MORE AMAZING POTATO RECIPES? GO HERE!
Crockpot Ham and Cheese Soup
For the first step, all you need to do is dump two bags of Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onions into your crockpot. Then add 1 12 oz package of cubed, pre-cooked ham to the potatoes. Dump in the water on top of the ham and potato mixture. I add 5 cups if I want it to be more “soupy” and only add 4 cups if I want it to be more thick like a chowder. Then add in the salt and pepper.
Let it cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. After 2 1/2 hours, turn the heat to low. Then cut up the easy-melt cheese and add it to the heavy cream in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave it for 1-2 minutes, stirring after each minute, until the cheese starts to melt some. Add it into the crockpot, and stir continuously until all the cheese is melted and mixed into the soup. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve your Crockpot Ham and Cheese Soup!
- 2 bags Simply Potatoes® diced potatoes with onions
- 12 oz package of cubed, pre-cooked ham
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 16 oz easy-melt cheese block, cubed into 1" cubes
- Set your crockpot to high.
- Dump in the Simply Potatoes®, ham, water, salt, and pepper. Add in 4 cups of water if you want it to be thick like a chowder, and 5 cups if you want it to be thinner like a soup.
- Stir to mix.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- After 2.5 hours, turn the heat down to low.
- Cut up the easy-melt cheese and put it and the heavy cream into a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the cream and cheese for 1-2 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Dump the cream and cheese mixture into the crockpot, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the crockpot off, and serve the soup immediately.