Have you seen the new Easter Egg Oreos? They’re new this year and out for a limited time, so snag them while you can! I knew when I saw them that I wanted to make some cute and easy Easter treats with them.
Easter Egg Oreos come in different colors of filling like yellow and purple, and there are multiple different designs on the cookies themselves too. They’re adorable all by themselves, but I’ve dipped them in chocolate and made them a bit more colorful!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy HERE.
Easter Egg Oreos
WHERE CAN YOU GET EASTER EGG OREOS?
Finding them is super easy. I found mine at Walmart in the Easter aisle, and again with the cookies. I’ve also found these at Target and other local grocery stores too. Go snag some before they sell out, and then use them as you need to. OR you can just opt to buy online and get them on Amazon HERE.
IS THE FILLING FLAVORED?
Nope. The filling in Easter Egg Oreos is a different color depending on the package you buy, but the flavor of the filling is just the original Oreo filling.
HOW DO YOU MAKE EASTER EGG OREOS?
So to make mine super fun and colorful, I heated up a few different colors of chocolate melting candies, and dipped them in. Then I used sprinkles and drizzles of other colors to decorate all my cute Oreo treats. I made little Easter chicks, and dipped mine in three different colors: yellow, pink, and white.
After I dipped mine in chocolate, I let them cool on wax paper to make sure they didn’t stick to whatever I let them cool on. This works well for letting them cool with a flat back.
- Easter Egg Oreos
- Melting Chocolates in Various Colors
- Easter Sprinkles
- In microwave safe bowls, heat the melting chocolates for a minute at a time, stirring between each cook cycle, until they're smooth.
- Use a fork to submerge the Easter Egg Oreos into the desired color of melting chocolate.
- Place the cookies onto wax paper to cool.
- Before they've had time to cool, add sprinkles if desired.
- Wait until they've cooled for 30 minutes to add details using the melting chocolates, such as drizzled colors, or chick decorations.
For best results and easiest details, put the melted chocolates in a plastic piping bag to drizzle on color or to add decorations etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 31mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Protein: 1g