Nothing makes me happier than getting fresh peaches in June and July! That’s the only time our family eats peaches each year. We can’t buy them from Walmart or the grocery store, because they taste NOTHING like what a peach is supposed to taste like. I remember the first time my daughter had a real, locally grown peach, and she said, “This is the best peach I’ve ever had!” Then when she just had to have peaches, when they were out of season, and begged for them from Walmart, she was incredibly disappointed that they tasted nothing like what she thought a peach should taste like.
This Easy Dump Peach Cobbler is so simple, and is the only recipe I’ve used for years. Its got an amazing, fluffy bread-like texture that gets just a little crispy on the edges. It’s delicious, and awesome with vanilla ice cream! You’re gonna love how easy this recipe is to make. Nothing says summer to our family like this recipe for Easy Dump Peach Cobbler.
So the biggest pain in the butt about this recipe, is having to manually peel and slice the peaches. It’s really not that bad, but the rest of the recipe is so simple that it makes it seem worse than it is. But really, it’s absolutely worth it, so I do it every year.
I always slice the peaches and just leave the slices on the pit, and then wait to remove all the slices at once. So by the time I’m done slicing, I have a bowl full of whole, sliced peaches.
Once you remove the slices from your peach pits, this is what they should look like. Your slices should be very thin. Toss these slices with your cinnamon and sugar, and you’ve done the hardest part of this whole cobbler.
This is what the cobbler will look like right before it goes into the oven. I know it looks like a mess, but it turns out beautifully. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and everytime it looks like this, and everytime I wonder if it will turn out right, and everytime it does.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 7-8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Peel your peaches.
- Use a paring knife to slice then into thin slices, then remove the slices from the peach pit.
- Place the peach slices in a large bowl, and toss them with the 6 tablespoons of sugar, and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Set the bowl aside for later.
- Dump the melted butter into a 9x13 cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder until the dry ingredients are combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla, and mix with a fork or a whisk until the batter is relatively smooth (there will be some lumps)
- Pour the batter into the 9x13 pan.
- Dump the peaches over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- The top will be golden brown, and the edges of the cake will begin to pull away from the pan. The middle will still seem jiggly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
If you liked this recipe, you will love these recipes too: