If you want AMAZING Green Bean Casserole there’s a secret ingredient you need to add to take it up a notch!
Green Bean Casserole is one of those things that I tend to eat only once a year at the holidays, but I love it! I have a secret ingredient that I put in mine, and everyone always raves about how much they love my Green Bean Casserole! I’m convinced this is why!
If you’re making a holiday meal this year, you need to try my Easy Roasted Turkey recipe (and don’t forget the gravy!). I can’t serve Green Bean Casserole without also serving my Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole. Well, I CAN, but I don’t. Especially because I can cook them in the oven at the same temp for the same amount of time. It’s incredibly convenient and easy!
My husband doesn’t even like green beans and he likes this casserole! It’s so good, and those french fried onions give the dish a whole different flavor. No, that’s not the secret ingredient! Brown sugar is! Can you believe it? All you need is a tiny bit to elevate the dish just enough!
Green Bean Casserole
- (2) 15 oz cans of cut green beans, drained
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 6 oz container of french fried onions
- 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375
- In a large bowl, combine the drained green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and brown sugar (brown sugar is the secret ingredient!) until mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into a small casserole baking dish (about half the size of a cake pan) and top with the french fried onions.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.