Good breakfast doesn’t need to take forever to make! This Ham and Potato Egg Taco is so easy, quick, and delicious!
Breakfast at our house is hectic. We have two kids and both of us work from home. Breakfast needs to be quick and easy so we can get started on our work day, but needs to be more balanced than just toaster pastries or cereal. Simply Potatoes® has made a big difference in how we do breakfast around here.
WANT MORE SIMPLY POTATOES RECIPES? CLICK HERE!
It’s common for us to make my Easy Drop Biscuits for breakfast and then add some scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast. But, that dirties several pans. The biscuits are quick and easy, but still require preparation. Simply Potatoes® with onions are one of my new favorites. We LOVE onion and potato in our eggs and cook with those two ingredients often. BUT, on busy mornings I just don’t have time to chop and peel potatoes and dice onions.
This Ham and Potato Egg Taco recipe is so simple using Simply Potatoes®! They don’t have the added carbs or necessity of the tortilla either, making it even easier for busy mornings. This recipe took me 15 minutes total to cook for my family of 4! Check out more awesome recipes using Simply Potatoes HERE.
Ham and Potato Egg Taco
One trick that I used to make it super easy to eat the tacos is the taco sleeve. It’s just cardstock cut into a quick taco shell shape so the eggs are held together easier to make it simple to eat, even for little hands.
All you need is one scrambled egg to make your Ham and Potato Egg Taco. I cooked these one at a time while my ham and potatoes were cooking in a separate pan. I placed my little taco sleeves into my handy-dandy taco holder and it made this SO much simpler to handle! Get the taco holder I used HERE.
In a skillet, I cooked about half a 20 oz bag of diced Simply Potatoes with onions, and about half a cup of cubed ham, and two tablespoons of butter. I cooked these on medium/high heat and stirred often. Simply Potatoes aren’t fully cooked, so you need to do more than just heat them up.
Cooking them on medium/high heat will give them a nice toasty edge to them! Cook them until the ham and potatoes have a nice sear on them and start to brown.
Lay each egg patty into their taco sleeves in the taco holders. When the ham and potatoes are cooked through and the potatoes are nice and tender, use a spoon to scoop the ham and potatoes into each egg patty. Sprinkle shedded cheese over the top. Wait a couple of minutes to serve so the cheese can melt. Eat and enjoy!
Want more recipes using Simply Potatoes? Check out more HERE!
- Diced Simply Potatoes with onions
- Eggs, scrambled (one for each taco you wish to make)
- ½ cup cubed ham
- Shredded cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small skilet on low heat.
- Spray the pan with a non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, scramble one egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the small, heated pan.
- Shape the egg into a circle while it cooks, flipping as needed.
- Place each egg patty into your taco holder so it maintains the proper shape before adding the filling.
- In a different skillet, combine the butter, diced Simply Potatoes with onion, and the cubed ham and cook on medium/high heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the ham/potato mixture into the egg and sprinkle with cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt before serving.
- Best served in taco sleeves.