Growing up, I remember that when cool nights came around, Mama would make her famous chili. It has some unique ingredients, and has the ability to be super spicy, depending on how long you let it simmer on the stove. I’m a sissy when it comes to heat, and I always have been. This chili was always so delicious, but I’d have to drink a ton of milk and fill it full or cornbread and cheese to be able to eat it.
Now that I’m an adult, I can tailor this recipe to the level of heat I can handle. Mama’s Hearty Chili recipe is also beanless because my Daddy HATES beans. I love beans in my chili, so I will have to share my chili recipe with you all soon too. If you want a delicious chili recipe that will stand out from all others you’ve tried, you need to make Mama’s Hearty Chili.
- 2 Pounds Hamburger
- 1 Can El Pato Sauce (you can generally find it at Walmart)
- 10 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Rotel
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Seasoning
- Brown your hamburger until cooked through. Drain.
- Place all your ingredients, including the cooked hamburger, in a large pot. Mix well.
- Cook on medium heat until ingredients start to bubble. Turn the heat down to a simmer and continue to stir occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Make sure to take random little tastes of the chili to see if the flavors are as desired. You may need to add in more salt or chili pepper depending on preferences. This is also an excellent excuse to steal some of the chili before anyone else!
If you like this recipe, you will most likely love these other favorites too: