Want to make a fun red, white and blue food? This Patriotic Fruit Salad is perfect!
Patriotic Fruit Salad
I love making foods that are red, white, and blue! This Patriotic Fruit Salad is perfect to bring to a get-together this summer, or a neat way to bring the holiday spirit to the dinner table! Either way, everyone is sure to love this simple and deliicous Patriotic Fruit Salad!
WANT TO MAKE AN EASY SALSA EVERYONE WILL LOVE? CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE!
This Patriotic Fruit Salad is made from watermelon, dragon fruit, strawberries, and blueberries. It doesn’t need an additional salad dressing, because the cut fruits let their own juices mix together and is tastes wonderful! Watch the video below to see how we made it!
You will also see how you cut a dragon fruit as well! If you’ve never had a dragon fruit, you will want to try one! They’re so good, and have such a neat texture! They’re essential to the white color in the fruit salad, to acheive the red, white, and blue look that makes it so festive. We decided they taste like a mix between kiwi and cantaloupe! Either way, they’re delicious and add a nice balance to this Patriotic Fruit Salad.
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 lb strawberries
- 12 oz blueberries
- 1 dragon fruit
- Wash and rinse your produce to begin with.
- Slice your watermelon into 1½" slices.
- Use a small star cookie cutter to make the watermelon into the shapes of stars.
- Cut the tops off your strawberries, and dice them into to fourths.
- Cut your dragonfruit in half from top to bottom.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the fruit from the dragon fruit.
- Dice the dragon fruit up into one inch cubes.
- In a large bowl ocmbine the watermelon, diced strawberries, diced dragonfruit, and the blueberries.
- Keep covered and chilled until you're ready to serve.