If you want a festive, fall-themed breakfast (or dessert) you need to make these Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls! They’re so easy to make, and turn out absolutely amazing!
Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls
This combo is perfect combination of everything wonderful. My favorite thing about this recipe is that you don’t make the cinnamon rolls from scratch. I love finding ways to amp up store bought items to give them more of a homemade feel and to customize them into something wonderful, like these Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls.
IF YOU LIKE THESE YOU WILL LOVE MY PECAN PIE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE!
All you’re going to do is make the pecan pie filling mixture, and then cook it down on the stove for about fifteen minutes (just like I used in my Pecan Pie French Toast recipe HERE). Then you’re going to dump it in a 9×13 pan and stack your refrigerated cinnamon rolls (I just used Grands) on top. You can also use (2) pie pans like I did if that’s easier.
Cook them for the amount of time the cinnamon roll package says to cook them (cook them for the high end of the time it lists, for example, mine said cook for 23-29 minutes, so I cooked for 29). While you’re waiting for them to cool a bit, you can mix in a tablespoon of maple syrup into the icing that comes with it. Using the icing is optional, but it’s yummy and amazing and I think the Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls are great with or without it!
They aren’t the prettiest cinnamon rolls you’ll ever see, but my word they are amazing. All the flavors of pecan pie wrapped up in the goodness of a cinnamon roll. These would make a great Thanksgiving breakfast! Don’t you think?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 over full cup of pecan pieces
- (2) cans of 5 jumbo refrigerated cinnamon rolls (like Grands or similar)
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature listed on the baking instructions for the cinnamon rules (usually 350).
- In a sauce pan on the stove, on medium high heat, combine the corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, brown sugar, pecans and lastly the eggs.
- Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients until the eggs are completely mixed.
- Cook at medium high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan, or two 9" pie pans.
- On top of the mixture, space the cinnamon rolls evenly.
- Bake for as long as the directions say to bake the cinnamon rolls.
- While they bake, mix one tablespoon of maple syrup into the frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls if you choose to use it.
- When they come out of the oven, drizzle the icing immediately.
- Serve warm.