If you want to make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, you’ve found the right recipe!
I’m pretty picky about my chocolate chip cookies. I mean, I’ll eat just about any chocolate chip cookie, but for me to want to go through the hassle of making them, I want to LOVE the recipe. After some tweaking, I finally have a recipe I love and it’s so simple and easy!
If you love your chocolate chip cookies to be soft, but not cakey, and chewy and absolutely full of chocolate chips, then you are going to love this recipe for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!
We also love Rainbow Sugar Cookies at our house! They’re simple and colorful and absolutely delicious!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup choolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to beat the butter and both the sugars until they're creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and the egg and mix for about 30 seconds, or until the egg is mixed in well.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- If the dough is still very wet, sprinkle another handful of flour over the top of the mixture and combine.
- Coat your hands in flour, and quickly roll the dough into about 1" balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes at 350.
- They will still look undercooked, but remove the pan from the oven and place it on a cooling rack anyway. They will continue to cook on the pan for a few minutes.
- Once they've cooled on the pan for about 10 minutes, you can move them to the cooling rack.