Nothing says holiday dinner to me like Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole! I don’t let the holidays go by without making it!
There’s not a lot that tastes better than this Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole fresh from the oven. The marshmallows are all gooey and delicious, and the pecans are covered in sugar – oh and sweet potatoes too. This recipe is my cheater version. Meaning it takes literally FIVE MINUTES to dump together before I throw it in the oven while I jump in the shower before company gets here for the holidays.
The best thing? No one knows it only takes five minutes, because it’s so decadent and delicious! It’s perfect for those holiday meals and I look forward to it every year! Of course, everyone may know now because I just put it on the internet…Kind of blew that cover.
Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole
- 40 oz can of cut yams
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Drain your sweet potatoes.
- Dump your sweet potatoes in a small size casserole dish (like half the size of a cake pan).
- Sprinkle the pacans on top evenly.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the top of the pecans and the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly as well.
- Use a spoon to dollop the butter evenly throughout the pan.
- Sprinkle the entire bag of marshmallows evenly over the top of the pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.