If you’re going to make cheesecake, you may as well make Triple Chocolate Cheesecake because chocolate makes everything better.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use them, you’re helping to support this site in a small way, and we appreciate that! See our full disclosure policy HERE.
When I say Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, I really mean it. This recipe is ABOSLUTELY full of chocolate, and it makes my heart so happy. Well, my figurative heart. My physical heart is a little clogged with cholesterol now – HAHA! Worth it.
If you want a traditional cheesecake recipe, that isn’t chocolate, but will be the best not-chocolate cheesecake you’ve ever tasted, try my Mama’s Cheesecake recipe!
This Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe is super simple if you have a springform pan. If you don’t have one, get one HERE. It made this recipe like, 1, 2, 3 dump-and-go easy. My beginning of the year diet is in absolute shambles as a result of this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, and I have zero remorse. Wow, is it amazing! And rich. You will want tiny slices. As in, normal people would cut this into 8th, but you could easily do 16ths.
- FOR THE CRUST:
- ⅔ of a package of Oreos (about 24)
- 6 Tablespoons of melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup tightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 9-10 oz bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- Pinch of salt
- FOR THE GANACHE:
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Chocolate chips, and shaved chocolate for the topping
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Use a food processor to crumble your whole oreos until they're a fine consistency.
- Pour them into a large bowl with the melted butter and mix with a fork until the entire mixture is coated. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt until well combined with an electric mixer and smooth.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Fold in the melted chocolate chips until there are no longer any streaks.
- Press the oreo mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan. Also press the mixture up the edges of the pan about an inch as well. Pack well.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of that and spread smoothly.
- Bake at 350 for one hour. The cheesecake will still be slightly jiggly in the center. If it's very jiggly, cook it for another 15 minutes.
- Place in the fridge to cool overnight, or for 4 hours minimum.
- After it's chilled through, remove it from the springform pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the heavy cream for one minute.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir continually until it's a smooth consistency.
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the pieces of shaved chocolate and extra chocolate chips on the top for garnish.
- Refrigerate another 15 minutes before serving.