If a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then make him these Valentine Donuts and he’ll be yours forever!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use them, you’re helping to support this site in a small way, and we appreciate that! See our full disclosure policy HERE.
I might be exaggerating a bit, but these are AMAZING donuts. Like melt in your mouth delicious. And they’re double chocolate which makes them even better in my book. To make them festively Valentine themed, all you need to do is add some adorable Valentine Sprinkles and they’re perfect!
Valentine Donuts would also make a cute breakfast for your kids on Valentine’s Day. Since they’re so simple, it won’t take a lot of effort, but they’ll love the special treat. This recipe just bakes these donuts in a donut pan (if you don’t have one you need to get THIS ONE from Amazon…it’s THE best!)
Little tip. I don’t make my own icing. I like shortcuts, so that’s what this is. Buy a container of chocolate cake frosting. To ice your donuts, just put it in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave it for thirty seconds. Take it out and stir it. It will then be very thin and smooth. You can dip the top of your donut into the frosting this way, and it will have the perfect consistency.
Be sure to put the sprinkles on pretty quickly after frosting so the frosting doesn’t dry and keep them from sticking. I love THESE sprinkles, and really like how mine turned out. Pretty and affordable!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In another separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Slowly mix the wet and the dry together until completely combined.
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Use a spoon to fill your donut pan with the mixture. Fill each donut section about half full as they rise quite a bit.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Remove them from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack for 5-7 minutes.
- Gently remove the donuts from the pan after the've cooled a while, and place them onto the cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- While they cool, put your icing into a mocrowave safe bowl and microwave for thirty seconds. Stir to thin.
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper on the counter.
- Once the donuts are cool, quickly dip the tops into the icing, and then set them on the wax paper to dry.
- Sprinkle each donut with Valentine Sprinkles immediately.
- Let them dry for at least thirty minutes before eating for best results.