Spring is here, and with it comes a want to put flowers and plants everywhere! In the house, out of the house, everywhere! I love finding creative planters to use and upcycle into something artistic and fun for my plants, and we have a list of 21 amazing planters for you all! These are all DIY step-by-step planters, so click the link of the ones you like, and go see the how-to on the creator’s site!
- Gumball Machine Planter – First on our list of 21 Amazing Planters is this adorable gumball machine planter. This planter is so pretty, and the tutorial looked pretty simple! This would be great for an indoor space, an office, or even a school or VBS project with kids!
- Mason Jar Wall Planter – This planter seems like the perfect way to plant herbs, both indoors and out! I find mason jars at yard sales for a quarter all the time!
- Recycled Bottle Cat Planter – Plants and cats all in one! My cats normally try to eat my indoor plants, so maybe this will ward them off! Isn’t it so cute?!
4. Cedar Wall Planter – This would be perfect for small space gardening. When we lived in town, this would have been perfect for us on our small back porch. Make use of the space you have!
5. Laundry Basket Planter – Can you believe that planter is made out of an old, broken, plastic laundry basket?! It’s so pretty!
6. Rope Wrapped Terra Cotta Planter – The tutorial on this is super simple! These would be done on small or large pots! Great way to make ugly, old pots pretty again!
7. Tapered Planter – This wooden planter looks gorgeous sitting on this front porch! I bet you could paint it to change up the look too.
8. Old Drawer Planter – If you don’t have an old dresser that’s unusable as indoor furniture anymore, they’re a dime a dozen this time of year on Craigslist and yard sales! These are easy to make, and would definitely give some character to a front door!
9. Painted Planter Pots – If I remember correctly, the original creator used paint markers on the pots in the picture! Makes it much easier to make clean lines. Great way to spice up and customize cheap Walmart pots!
10. Macrame Hanging Planter – The knots on this will take you a few minutes to make, but the results are so pretty!
11. Pot/Table Planter Combo – Make great use of small space by creating an outdoor planter that would also double as a side table next to patio furniture!
12. Car Planter – This one is just darling! Super easy way to use old, worn-out toy cars and make them something fun and spunky!
13. Paver Planter – This one is so much easier than it looks! Use pre-made pavers to give this planter clean lines and a modern look for your front porch!
14. Marble Planters – These turn out SO pretty, don’t you think? You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
15. Self-Watering Planter – You’ll never believe how they cut the glass in this tutorial! Hint: it’s not with a saw!
16. Monogram Planter – Add some customization to your planters, by making it your monogram! Or, use this tutorial to spell a word with your planters! The possibilities are endless!
17. Street Number Planter – Show off your street number in style with this cute little planter! It doesn’t take a lot of skill to make this one, so if you’re a beginner, this would be perfect!
18. Picket Fence Planter – Upcycling is always better than throwing things out! Old wood is a wonderful thing to repurpose, and these old fence pieces made a gorgeous planter!
19. Ladder Planter – This is another great use of space! This adorable ladder planter will expand the space you have to plant!
20. PVC Pipe Planter – Some pipe and some spray paint with make this gorgeous planter a reality! Totally customizable!
21. Chandelier Planter – I saved the best for last! This is my favorite planter on our list of 21 amazing planters! It is bright and cheery, uses something unconventional as a planter, and repurposes something old, is super easy and fast to do, and makes a wonderful hanging planter!
Which one was your favorite of the 21 amazing planters? People have so many great ideas for how to display and grow their plants! I just love repurposing and upcycling old things into new things, don’t you?