This Money Christmas Tree Gift idea is the perfect way to give Christmas this year! Give as much or as little cash as you want to make their holidays merry!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
Sometimes it’s just best or easiest to give cash as a gift. I absolutely hate just putting it in a card – it feels so impersonal and lame.
How do you make this Money Christmas Tree Gift DIY?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
You will need:
Step 2: Glue in the foam.
Cut out a small cube of the floral foam and use hot glue it into the bottom of your mini clay flower pot.
You can find the flower pots in sets of three in the craft department at Walmart for less than $2.00.
Step 3: Attach the fabric to the pot.
I just pulled the sides up, and glued them inside the pot.
Step 4: Attach the pipe cleaners to the dowel rod.
Then wrap them in a criss-cross fashion, like shown.
Step 5: Put the money on the money Christmas tree.
Fold the money into long narrow strips. Fold it over itself to adjust the length so the money on the top of the tree is shorter that the money on the bottom to help maintain the “tree” shape.
You have two options for attaching the money.
You can either:
- Wrap the money in the pipe cleaners as you go and glue the pipe cleaners to the dowel rod at the top. This is probably the easiest.
- OR you can wrap and glue the pipe cleaners onto the dowel rod first, and then slide the money into the criss-crosses after. This works fine if your money is new and crisp, but not so much if it isn’t.
When you’re done attaching the money and pipe cleaners, this is what it should look like.
Step 6: Glue the dowel rod into the foam.
Put a generous amount of hot glue onto the bottom of the dowel rod, and then press it into the middle of the foam.
Step 7: Add the star to the top of the Money Christmas Tree Gift.
To finish up your cute money Christmas tree, glue on a star. I used these cute little rustic metal stars because I had them on hand, but you could use whatever you wanted.
Now you have a fun, and adorable way to give cash this Christmas! Give as much or as little money as you want and the gift is still cute!
Want more DIY Christmas gifts?
- Holly Jolly Christmas Gift – This cute and simple DIY Christmas gift makes a fantastic stocking stuffer!
- Elf Leg Oreos – This easy Oreo gift idea is absolutely adorable and perfect for friends or family!
- DIY Christmas Tic Tac Gift – This tic tac gift makes a fantastic gag gift or stocking stuffer!
Whoever you give this Money Christmas Tree Gift to, I’m sure they will appreciate the thought and effort – and who doesn’t love cash?