My go-to side for barbecues and summer get-togethers is pasta salad. Basically, I bring it because its noodles with a few random ingredients in it to take away from the fact that you’re eating cold carbs. I’m totally fine with eating carbs no matter their temperature. Broccoli & Cheese Pasta Salad is delicious. Since it’s a salad, that means it’s healthy right? I mean, it has BROCCOLI in it, and that’s the ultimate signal that it’s healthy.
While we were on vacation, I found a package of the cutest spiral pasta at a grocery store. It reminds me of the ringlets in Shirley Temple’s hair. That doesn’t making it appetizing, but it does make it cute! We got the pasta and I knew I wanted to make a pasta salad out of it! Broccoli & Cheese Pasta Salad is not only delcious, but it’s super easy to throw together!
- 1 12 oz package of rotini pasta
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup broccoli crowns, finely cut
- 1 radish, diced
- 1 dry packet ranch dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup real bacon pieces (optional)
- Boil your pasta, as directed.
- Once your pasta is cooked, rinse it under cool water until it's cold. Empty it to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch packet and the mayo and mix until well combined.
- Chop the broccoli into to tiny pieces, crowns only, and add it to the pasta.
- Dice the radish and add it to the pasta as well.
- Add the cheese to the pasta, along with the bacon if included.
- Add in the ranch mixture to the bowl of ingredients, and mix with a silicone spatula to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve chilled.
If you want some other summer food ideas, check out these recipes: