Forget turkey sandwiches, use your Thanksgiving leftovers in a way that will make you say WOW! with these Deep Fried Thanksgiving bites!
Every year we looks forward to Thanksgiving leftovers, almost more than the Thanksgiving meal itself. All because of these amazing Deep Fried Thanksgiving bites! They’re crunchy and delicious, and when you dip them into gravy, your world will change forever!
We describe them as like a meatfilled Thanksgiving hushpuppy. They’re a cube of turkey, wrapped in stuffing, battered and deep fried, and dipped in gravy before you eat. THEY’RE SO GOOD! Our friends and family love when we make these, so we had to share them with you too!
Want to see the video for how we made these? Click HERE to watch it on Facebook!
First, you’re going to need some Thanksgiving leftovers. We cubed about 1/2 lb of turkey, and had about a box of stuffing leftover. You can always make a new box of stufing, but it’s best if you let it cool completely in the fridge, so it sticks together better.
Next, you will need to grab a single cube of turkey, and wrap it in stuffing. Squeeze it as you put it on, and it will make a nice firm ball. Next you will need to dredge it in the flour mixture first (recipe below), then the egs, then finally the panko bread crumbs.
Make sure your deep fryer is PRE-HEATED to 350 degrees. Leave plenty of space between each Deep Fried Thanksgiving bite, so they don’t stick together. Fry them for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Set them on a cooling rack with paper towels for 3-5 minutes to cool before consuming.
We dip ours in leftover turkey gravy and it’s SO good. This is one of our favorite meals! Skip those turkey sandwiches…they have nothing on these Deep Fried Thanksgiving bites!
Deep Fried Thanksgiving Bites
- ½ lb cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 box of leftover stuffing, chilled
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten until frothy
- Preheat your deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne and mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, set aside.
- Put the Panko in a third bowl, set aside.
- Grab one cube of turkey and press the chilled stuffing around it, covering it completely. Press firmly to make sure it's a solid ball.
- Press each ball into the flour mixture first, in the egg mixture second, and then coat in the bread crumbs third.
- Place the Deep Fried Thanksgiving Bites into the fry basket without touching each other, and fry at 350 for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let them rest on a cooling rack on a paper towel for 3-5 minutes before consuming.
- Serve with warm turkey gravy for dipping for best results.