Use this 3 ingredients pumpkin muffins recipe to make the easiest fall recipe ever! These turn out so good, and they’re the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack food!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
Fall is here which means my body instantly wants everything to be flavored with pumpkin and apples and I’m happy to oblige!
These are the MOST easy pumpkin muffins you’ll ever make. Hands down! I mean, it doesn’t get much easier than three ingredients!
We make these at the beginning of the week, and then use them for school lunches, or quick breakfast items throughout the week on the way out the door.
How do you make these 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
- Spice Cake Mix
- 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
Pick your favorite box of spice cake mix. Regular yellow cake won’t work, because it will be missing those warm flavors you need to blend with the pumpkin.
Make SURE you get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix because they are not the same. Regular pumpkin puree is what you need for this recipe.
Step 2: Mix the ingredients.
Mix the cake mix, the pumpkin puree, and the egg together. You can easily do this by hand.
You don’t need to add the eggs, oil, and water like the back of the cake mix says, just the ingredients I gave you.
The batter will be thick, but it’s supposed to be that way.
Step 3: Spoon it into muffin pans.
This recipe will make about 16 regular-sized muffins or about 36 mini muffins.
Keep in mind if you use a mini muffin pan, that your cook time will be reduced. See the recipe notes in the recipe card below.
Fill your greased muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full. They won’t ride too much, so don’t worry about that.
Step 4: Bake your pumpkin muffins.
Bake your 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins according to the back of your cake mix package.
I baked mine for about 18 minutes and they came out perfect. Just make sure when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
Let them cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing them from the pan.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins Variations:
- Nuts. Add walnuts to the mix to change these up a bit!
- Frosting. Make these into cupcakes by adding a cream cheese frosting to the tops of these pumpkin muffins once they’ve cooled.
- Topping. Make a cinnamon sugar crumble to add to the top of these for some pizzaz!
- Chocolate. Add chocolate chips to these for a pop of chocolate!
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15-ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan. Fill cups about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake regular size muffins for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. For mini pumpkin muffins, see the notes below.
- If you'd like them to be more bite sized, make mini pumpkin muffins instead! Simply use a mini muffin pan and reduce the cook time to 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Want more fall desserts?
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – This is the best pumpkin cheesecake recipe you’ll have, and it’s so simple!
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe – If you’re looking for an amazing pumpkin pie recipe, this is it!
- Foolproof Pumpkin Roll – This is THE most foolproof pumpkin roll recipe you’ll make!
- Fall Sprinkle Cookies – These fall sprinkle cookies are so easy to make and are perfect for holiday baking!
These 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins will be your new favorite g-to recipe this fall!