Give Dad this Father’s Day Gold Candy Gift this year! We all with we could give the dads in our life ACTUAL gold, but this cute themed gift will work as a tasty substitute!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
As much as I’d like to get the dads in my life ACTUAL gold, this gold-themed candy will have to work!
Lucky for me, my dad LOVES chocolate so he will really enjoy this gift from my girls!
I let them pick out the gold candy they put in the bag, and help me put it all together and they’re so excited to give it to him on Father’s Day!
If you’re just here for the printables, and you want to skip the tips and instructions below, you can just grab those from my store HERE.
How do you make this DIY Father’s Day Gold Candy Gift?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
You will need:
- Printable Father’s Day Gold Candy Gift Tags (these come in a pack of three different Father’s Day candy tags in my store!)
- Snack Size Baggies
- Gold Candy (see below for ideas)
- Hot Glue Gun or Stapler
Step 2: Print out the tags.
When you print the tags out, this is what they will look like. They’re designed to fit on a snack sized plastic baggy.
Like I said earlier, this gold candy gift is part of a set of three tags, so the file will include two other tags as well. If you only want to print the gold tags, just select it to print alone from your printer settings.
Pro Tip: Print these tags on cardstock paper. You can find it in most home office sections of stores, or here on Amazon.
Step 3: Cut the tags out and fill the candy bag.
Use a sharp pair of scissors and cut the tag out around the blue. Fold the tags in half like shown.
Fill the candy bag about half full with the gold candy of your choice. Pick his favorite or choose a new one to try!
What are some good gold candies to use for a gold candy gift?
Use one of these candies that come in gold wrappers to fill your candy bag:
- Hershey’s Pot of Gold
- Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds
- Cold Chocolate Coins
- Ferrero Rocher
- White Chocolate Lindor Truffles
- Caramel Lindor Truffles
- Reese’s Miniatures
Step 4: Attach the gold candy gift tag.
That’s all there is to making this cute gift idea for dad! It comes together in just a couple of minutes and kids can even help!
Want more DIY Father’s Day gift ideas?
- DIY Father’s Day Jerky Gift Basket – If you want to make your Dad happy, might I suggest making this Jerky Gift Basket for Father’s Day?
- DIY Father’s Day Superhero Shadowbox – Kids will LOVE giving this DIY Father’s Day Superhero Shadowbox gift as much as dads will love receiving it!
- Wings for a King Gift Basket – If your Dad likes wings, you’re gonna want to give him this Wings for a King gift basket for Father’s Day!
- Father’s Day Soda Gift – The free printable tag makes this an easy DIY Father’s Day gift!
Remind Dad how much you appreciate all he does with this cute Father’s Day Gold Candy Gift idea! Snag the tags and have it put together in no time!