These DIY Leopard Christmas Trees are so easy to put together! They’re the perfect pop of animal print for your holiday decorations this year, and they turn out so cute!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
As you’ve probably noticed, I make a LOT of my own holiday decorations. Especially when it comes to Christmas I make what I want so my decor can match what I had in my head!
About half my wardrobe has some sort of leopard print on it, so it’s safe to say I like it. This year’s tree theme is leopard print, brown, and gold and it’s a WHOLE lot harder to find leopard print Christmas decorations than you’d think!
How do you make these DIY Leopard Christmas Trees?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
You will need:
Step 2: Cut your fabric into strips.
The amount of fabric you will need for this project will depend on how many Leopard Trees you’re making and the size of the cones you’re using.
A quarter of a yard of fabric would have easily done all three cones.
Cut your fabric into 1″-2″ wide strips for the length of the fabric. I needed anywhere from 2-3 long strips to do each cone.
Step 3: Glue on the fabric to the cone.
Start at the bottom of the cone and use a hot glue gun to attach the fabric to the cone.
Let the fabric overlap a bit on the bottom of the cone to ensure full coverage. When you’re done, you can go back and glue the overlapping fabric to the inside of the cone.
Place a line of glue, and then wrap the fabric, making sure it slightly overlaps the fabric row before it.
Continue to the top, using a new strip of fabric as needed.
Once you get to the top, trim off the excess, and glue down the small bit at the tip of the cone.
When it’s finished, this is what your DIY Leopard Christmas Trees should look like! They’re very easy and forgiving, and teens could easily do this craft with little to no assistance!
Tips and Variations for your Leopard Trees:
- Fabric. If your fabric is stretchy, stretch it some as you glue it on the cones, but don’t stretch too much or it won’t attach well.
- Colors. Choose different colors of leopard print, or keep them all the same. Go wild and get pinks and blues or reds and greens!
- Size. You can find sets of multiple sizes of these trees on Amazon here, or you can get them on Hobby Lobby’s website too!
Want more DIY Christmas ideas?
- DIY Concrete Christmas Ornaments – These DIY Concrete Christmas Ornaments will be the most simple DIY you’ve ever made!
- Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs – These Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs make amazing gifts, or incredible movie nights at Christmastime!
- Sea Glass Christmas Tree DIY – If you want a beautiful beach-inspired piece of Christmas decor, you need to make this gorgeous Sea Glass Christmas Tree DIY!
- Bottle Brush Trees DIY – Make your Christmas whimsical and colorful with these bottle brush trees!
These DIY Leopard Christmas Trees will be your new favorite Christmas decor this year!