Need a healthy and easy dinner the whole family will love? Make this Healthy Mexican Chicken Bake!
Healthy Mexican Chicken Bake
We try to eat healthy. I do pretty well during the day, and then evening comes and I turn into the Hungry Hungry Caterpillar and want to eat everything I see. I try to make as many healthy dinner recipes as I can, while still finding meals the rest of my family will enjoy. This Healthy Mexican Chicken Bake with cauliflower rice was actually REALLY good.
I have this thing were I wing recipes. I throw a bunch of things together that sound good to me, and I generally have very good results. It’s how my Southwestern Shells & Cheese recipe was born and it’s our favorite meal. That’s how this Healthy Mexican Chicken Bake came about, and I am really happy with the results. My husband and I both said 10/10 we want to add it to the regular dinner rotation.
If you’re initmidated or weirded out by the cauliflower rice, don’t be. My husband is SUPER picky when it comes to tasting things like “healthy food” in his dinners, and honestly? You couldn’t tell this was cauliflower. It’s seasoned really well and it’s not boiled so it doesn’t turn to mash.
If you need this to be low-carb or Keto, you can remove the corn, or sub it out for something like green chiles or black beans. I make KILLER Mexican Black Beans in my slow cooker that I think I will add next time. YUM! We topped it with my sister’s famous salsa recipe, and my goodness it was delicious!
NOTE: I bought my chicken pre-seasoned because it was on sale, but it was just a chipotle seasoning that you can get anywhere. Chicken breast with a chipotle rub. So if you can’t find pre-seasoned, just add the seasoning yourself.
- 4 chipotle seasoned boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz bag of frozen riced cauliflower
- 1½ cups of corn (can sub for bell pepper, green chiles or black beans)
- 1 package of dry taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- OPTIONAL FOR FINISHING:
- pickled jalapeno
- sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Set a large pan to medium high heat.
- Once the pan is heated, place the four chicken breasts in the pan to cook.
- Allow them to cook for 5-7 minutes each side, allowing them to get a nice charred sear.
- In a separate, medium-sized pot add the riced cauliflower, corn, taco seasoning, greek yogurt, and heavy whipping cream and stir.
- Cook the vegetable mixture until it's boiling and well mixed.
- Dump the vegetable mixture into a 9x9 baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place the chicken on top and let it bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and optionally top with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa and pickled jalapanos for finishing.