This DIY Father’s Day Harry Potter Shadowbox gift idea is the perfect Father’s Day gift for the Harry Potter fan! The free printable makes this so easy to put together, and Dad will love it!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
Father’s Day gifts can be hard to make. I know each year my kids want to help make him something he’d love, but it can be hard to create something that also makes a genuinely good Father’s Day gift.
My girls’ dad is a BIG Harry Potter fan, so we decided to create a version of this shadowbox gift just for him!
If you’re just here for the free printables, and don’t want to read the tips on printing and instructions on how to put these together below, then you can get those HERE.
How do you make this DIY Father’s Day Harry Potter Shadowbox?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
You will need:
- Free Printable Harry Potter Shadowbox Background
- 8×8 White Shadowbox (get at Michael’s or on Amazon at the link I included)
- Harry Potter LEGO Minifigures (I found mine on eBay)
- Hot Glue Gun
Step 2: Print out your Harry Potter background.
Pro Tip: Print this out on heavy cardstock paper, and not regular paper. The regular paper will not hold the weight of the minifigures.
Use a sharp pair of scissors and cut out the background around the outside of the thick black border.
Step 3: Assemble your Harry Potter LEGO Minifigures.
I ordered the Harry Potter LEGO Minifigures from eBay. Some of them aren’t authentic and are knock-offs, but they do a really good job and they work perfect for this project!
The Harry Potter LEGO Minifigures you need for this project are:
The Hagrid I ordered ended up being much larger than the rest of my minifigures and was a very snug fit in the shadowbox, so if you get the same one he WILL fit, it will just be snug.
Some of your minifigures may need to be assembled before you attach them to the background. Leave off any accessories they come with (I know you’ll be tempted to add the wands!) because they won’t fit well in the shadowbox and can come off easily.
Step 4: Attach the minifigures to the Harry Potter background.
Use a hot glue gun to attach your LEGO minifigures to the background above their names.
Step 5: Put the Harry Potter Father’s Day shadowbox together.
Once the glue is completely dry (I wait about ten minutes), you can put your shadowbox together!
Carefully place your background with the minifigures face first into the shadowbox and press the clips back down to hold it all in place!
That’s all it takes to put this together! A few supplies, a free printable, and some hot glue makes the most fun DIY Father’s Day Harry Potter gift!
Want more DIY Father’s Day gift ideas?
- DIY Star Wars Father’s Day Shadowbox – The free printable makes it so easy to put together!
- Wings for a King Gift Basket | Father’s Day Gift Idea – If your Dad likes wings, you’re gonna want to give him this Wings for a King gift basket for Father’s Day!
- DIY Father’s Day Superhero Shadowbox – Kids will LOVE giving this DIY Father’s Day Superhero Shadowbox gift as much as dads will love receiving it!
- DIY Father’s Day Reese’s Pieces Gift– Tell Dad how much you love him with this Father’s Day Reese’s Pieces Gift idea!
If you have a Dad in your life who loves Harry Potter, this DIY Father’s Day Harry Potter Shadowbox gift is perfect!