Play this Thanksgiving gratitude game at your family gathering this year! Focus on all the things you’re thankful for and learn more about your friends and family with this free printable Thanksgiving activity!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
When I think of Thanksgiving, I usually think of food! Outside of food at our family get-together, we usually have a lot of fellowship too!
After, we all stay and play games or spend time together until we all have to go to get sleepy kids home.
This DIY Thanksgiving gratitude game is the perfect activity for friends and family to play together on Thanksgiving! Think of these as Thanksgiving conversation starters, and then play as many rounds as you want!
If you’re just here for the free printables, and don’t want to read the tips on printing and instructions on how to put these together below, then you can get those HERE.
How do you play this DIY Thanksgiving Gratitude Game?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
You will need:
Step 2: Prep your container.
I wanted this to be packages cute so I could store it for use over and over again. I stored these Thanksgiving questions in a mason jar with a little paper shred added into the jar.
Step 3: Cut out your Thanksgiving questions.
Cut out the questions and add them into the jar or container you’re using to store your game.
What are some good Thanksgiving questions?
- What big change are you thankful for?
- What do you appreciate about your job or school?
- What’s a skill you’re thankful you have?
- What place are you thankful you went to this year?
- What’s a book you’re thankful you read?
- What item are you most thankful you own?
- What new person are you thankful to have met?
See the rest of the questions and get the free printable HERE.
Step 4: Write your own custom questions.
If you have specific questions you want to add that I didn’t include, you can make your own using the blank question cards I included.
How do you play this Thanksgiving Gratitude Game?
There are some different ways you can play this gratitude game full of Thanksgiving questions.
Gather your friends and family together, whether in person or even virtually, and get everyone’s attention.
Pass the jar around and one at a time, have people remove a question from the jar and answer it. They can either hold onto their question or put it back in the jar to be answered by another person.
Have one person in charge of the questions. That person will pull a question from the container and ask it out loud. Go around the room and have each person give their answer.
You could also give each person a blank question to fill out before the game starts to add to the jar as well!
This is a great way to focus on being thankful and grateful this Thanksgiving. These are great Thanksgiving questions for kids or even Thanksgiving questions for family too!
Want more DIY fall ideas?
- DIY Thanksgiving Candles – These are so easy to put together and make a plain candle perfect for the holiday!
- Thanksgiving Snack Mix – This adorable snack mix with the free printable tag makes the perfect treat for Thanksgiving!
- Floral Pumpkin DIY – If you want to give fall a feminine touch this year, you need to make this gorgeous Floral Pumpkin DIY!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Candle – This is the perfect gift for the PSL lover in your life!
Play this Thanksgiving gratitude game this Thanksgiving with this free printable!