I’d love to receive this adorable Mother’s Day Flower Pot gift from my littles on Mother’s Day! The free printable tag makes it an easy gift for Dad to help with and a great gift for Mom too!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy HERE.
My kids know I love giving and getting flowers as gifts. I think nothing brings cheer like receiving flowers or plants!
This cute printable tag makes this the perfect Mother’s Day gift for kids to give their moms – don’t you think? Each kid can give a different plant that they pick out themselves making it even more special!
If you’re just here for the free printables, and don’t want to read the tips on printing and instructions on how to put these together below, then you can get those HERE.
How do you make a Mother’s Day Flower Pot Gift?
Step 1: Gather your supplies.
You will need:
- Live plant (see the list below for the best ideas)
- Flower pot it will fit in
- Yarn or Ribbon
- Free printable Mother’s Day Flower Pot tag
- Hole Punch
Step 2: Print your tags.
Print off the Mother’s Day Flower Pot tags by clicking HERE. They print six tags to a page, so if you need more than one, or if the kids want to help cut them out and mess one up, you have back-up.
Pro Tip: Print these tags on heavy cardstock paper so they won’t bend and tear so easily.
Step 3: Pot your plant.
Place your plant in a cute pot. I love these from Amazon and the fun colors they come in. You can also find cute, adorable pots at the dollar store, Dollar General, and even Walmart.
Step 4: Attach the tags.
Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the tag where the small circle is printed. I looped a piece of yarn through the hole and tied it to a paper clip and pressed the paper clip into the soil to it stayed put, and it worked well. (See the video for the idea.)
Which plants are a good choice to use for this Mother’s Day Flower Pot gift?
There are several different ways to choose which plants will be a good fit. Look at some of these ideas for inspiration:
- Mom’s Favorite. What is mom’s favorite flower? If it’s easily accessible, then maybe choose that as your plant of choice.
- Plant Location. Will the plant be kept indoors or out? If it’s indoors you will likely need to choose a shade, or part shade plant type (check the tags on the plants to find out before you buy).
- Different Plant Type. Does she like flowers? If she’s not a huge fan, maybe you can consider succulents or herbs instead?
- Hardy Plants. Does she have a green thumb? If not, then maybe get a hardy plant that can handle being mistreated or forgotten like a succulent, herb, or flowers like geraniums and gerbera daisies.
Which flowers grow well in a pot?
- Gerbera Daisies
- Mini Roses
- New Guinea Impatiens
While there are tons of flowers that grow well in a pot, remember that all plants grow so will need plenty of room to expand. Don’t overfill your pots or you will need to move them soon.
Want more DIY Mother’s Day ideas?
- Mother’s Day Seed Bombs – these are so easy to make and the free printable makes the perfect gift simple!
- Seed Bouquet – if mom likes to get her hands dirty, let her plant her own flowers with this seed bouquet gift idea!
- Mother’s Day Seed Gifts – these are a great way to let each child pick out their own gift without breaking the bank – so cute!
No matter what plant you decide to give Mom, or that your little one picks out, I’m sure Mom will love it and cherish it for as long as the plant lives and grows! Happy gifting!