These Shamrock Sprinkle Cookies are super cute and so simple to make! They’re the perfect size to send in school lunches and for little hands. They’re a super soft and delicious sugar cookie, and sprinkles make everything better!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday for food. I’m not really a fan of making things like green eggs, or using green ketchup (remember that from the 90’s?!), and my kids aren’t really fans either.
HOWEVER, green cookies aren’t a deal-breaker! Especially since these Shamrock Sprinkle Cookies are covered in sprinkles, my kids are all about that!
This recipe was actually born out of a way to use up the extra shamrock cookie cutouts I had leftover from these Stained Glass Shamrock Cookies and they turned out so cute!
See the recipe for the Stained Glass Shamrock Cookies if you want an easy shortcut to make two kinds of cookies from one dough!
How do you make these Shamrock Sprinkle Cookies?
This sugar cookie dough is awesome because it’s easy to make, holds its shape perfectly and needs NO chilling at all!
It only cooks for about 8-9 minutes and they’re soft and delicious. To get the sugar cookies to stay put where they’re supposed to be, make sure to gently press the sprinkles on top of the cookies before putting them in the oven. This will make sure they stay put while baking!
Make St. Patrick's Day special with these adorable Shamrock Sprinkle Cookies. They don't need chilling and turn out perfect!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- Concentrated green gel food coloring
- St. Patrick's Day Sprinkles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Want more sprinkle cookies?
- Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies – these red, white, and blue sprinkle cookies are perfect for patriotic holidays!
- St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkle Cookies – if you want to skip the green dye, these are a fun alternative for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Fall Sprinkle Cookies – these are so much fun to make when the weather gets cool!
- Valentine Sprinkle Cookies – make these cute Valentine’s day sprinkle cookies to show a little love!
Make these cute Shamrock Sprinkle Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day this year!