Make adorably festive food with very little effort when you make these Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies! They hold their shape well, stay soft and delicious, and don’t need chilling!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
All my friends and family know that I have a sprinkle obsession. Sprinkles make food more fun and can brighten up a plain dessert in no time! These Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies are so easy to make, and the sprinkles make them perfect for just about any patriotic celebration you will go to!
How to make Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies
Step 1: Make the dough.
The dough recipe for these Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies is SO very simple. It doesn’t need to chill to maintain it’s shape, and the flavor is AWESOME. If anything, keep this recipe on hand for the sugar cookie recipe, because it’s my all time favorite and I use it in a lot of my cookie recipes.
If the dough seems dry, keep kneading it, it will come together. If it absolutely won’t, add a tablespoon or two of water, but you really shouldn’t need to.
Step 2: Add the sprinkles and bake.
Get your patriotic sprinkles out (don’t have any? Walmart doesn’t carry them in my area, so you can buy some adorable ones on Amazon HERE!) and generously top each cookie with them. Press down on the top of the sprinkles gently (don’t smash your cookie) to make sure they bake into the top.
Need more patriotic recipes?
I made these Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies using leftover dough from these super cool American Flag Stained Glass Cookies I whipped up earlier (you should really click the link to see how cool they turned out!). So you can use the same dough and make two different kinds of cookies.
Whip up a batch of these easy-to-make Patriotic Sprinkle Cookies for your next patriotic celebration! Keep this sugar cookie recipe handy for future occasions too!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- Pre-heat your oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and almond and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Add in half the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix.
- Add in the second half of the flour mixture, and mix. The mixture will be dry, but keep mixing and kneading until it's a soft, pliable consistency (like play dough).
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface, and on top of your ball of dough, and roll it until it's about ¼" - ⅓" thick.
- Cut out your stars using a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet that's been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Add the sprinkles to the tops of the cookies, pressing on the top of the cookie gently to ensure the sprinkles bake into the tops.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes, before removing them and placing them on a cooling rack.
Don't overbake. 8-9 minutes is plenty.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g